Full Time Practice

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Feeding My Soul...


(Written by Deborah Hendrickson, WIL Committee vice-chair.)

I had a particularly great week recently.  It was one of those weeks, that don’t come often enough, when I felt so many of the deepest parts of my soul nourished and fulfilled.

I travelled from my home in Arizona to the Salt Lake City, Utah area.  My daughter and her family live there, so I was able to spend some quality “grandma” time with my grandkids, who I don’t get to see very often, at the pumpkin patch and just being part of their busy, active life.  I loved it!

I also attended a law conference for the J. Reuben Clark Law Society as a member of the international Women in Law committee (the group that sponsors this blog).  This conference is always a stimulating, inspirational and motivating experience.  I particularly enjoy the association with some wonderful women attorneys, who are such great examples of “women of faith who are trained in the law”.  

We shared experiences, dreams, sorrows and triumphs.  We listened to inspirational speakers.  We strengthened our testimonies of God’s plan and purposes and resolved to go forth and build our lives and the lives of others in a positive, productive way.

Finally--- the icing on the cake was the breathtakingly beautiful scenery.  I was fortunate to witness the height of the fall colors in what has to be one of the most beautiful spots on earth this time of year.  In addition, the first snowfall of the winter season came and dusted the mountains to create an especially beautiful image.  I was awestruck as I drove down the canyon from the conference at the incredible scenery and stopped to take a picture and drink it in.

Needless to say, this particular week gave me plenty of opportunities to count my blessings, and just enjoy those moments when all is right with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment