Full Time Practice

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Meet Esohe Frances Ikponmwen

(Esohe is a member of the West Africa JRCLS Chapter.  She very kindly responded to my request to "get to know each other".  I was thrilled to get to know her better.  I know you will be too.) 

May I use the same time to wish you all a fruitful and happy new year.  I am a young woman in my very late fifties.  I graduated from the University of Nigeria in 1978 with a degree in law. I proceeded to the Nigerian Law School for the professional qualification to enable me to practice law in 1979. I then did a compulsory national service working for the legal aid council offering free legal service for the poor. 

Between 1980 and 1991 l worked for my state government in the Attorney General's chambers rising from state counsel to principal state counsel. In 1992 l was sworn into office as Chief Magistrate where I adjudicated over cases both civil and criminal at the grass root level. l was elevated to the High Court bench in 1999, a position l still hold. 

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I am married and blessed with four daughters who are all married and have made me a proud grandma of eight.

I am addressed as Honourable Justice E.F Ikponmwen.  I love travelling and I have been to the USA,UK,  Spain, Italy, Australia, India, Liberia. l am an active member of the Church and I am presently the Ihogbe Stake Relief Society President. I read a lot and l love people. l look forward to meeting you some day soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful highlight! Thank you for sharing your story! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - thank you for sharing!!! I love that you are a young woman in her late fifties!!! The pictures are awesome. I so hope more women around the world will share their profiles.

    ReplyDelete