Full Time Practice

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Welcoming Two New Members to Our Women in Law Committee

I am very excited to introduce you to two new members of our International Women in Law Committee.  Joni, Tisha, and I all lived in Crystal City, Virginia for several years and were friends there.  Welcome to these wonderful women who will be such assets to our committee.  See their introductions of themselves below.  – Megan Needham, blog administrator
 
Joni Jamison 
 
I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I left there to attend Brigham Young University, where I majored in Communications.  I then attended The George Washington University Law School, where I met my husband, Derek.  We married two weeks after we both took the Nevada bar in 2009.  I've been working as a commercial litigator in Las Vegas since then.  I have two daughters, ages 3 and 1, who both delight and amaze me every day.  When I'm not keeping busy with my kids and work, I love to read and am just starting to enjoy cooking.
 
Tisha Huish 
 
Being raised in a multicultural family, I have a deep appreciation and respect for individuals of all backgrounds, religion, race and ethnicity. Having attended schools in Switzerland and Spain, I was able to learn Italian, French and Spanish. I received my J.D. at the Washington College of Law and received an LL.M with a specialization in Tax from the Georgetown University Law Center. I worked for KPMG in their National Tax Office from 1999-2004. I intended on returning to work on a part time basis upon having my first child, but those plans quickly changed when my first was born with special needs. My husband and I now have three boys (all with special needs!) and live in Mesa, Arizona. I have missed the practice of law, but am grateful for the opportunity to stay home with my children and cater to their needs. I am also grateful for the opportunity to be a member of such a worldwide, inclusive law society that gives me the chance to meet so many strong, faithful and fun women! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment